The small town Lhenice is situated below Stráž hill (Guard - 742 m) 7 km south of the town Netolice, 559 m a.s.l. It is a well-known South Bohemian town of orchards.

Its oldest mention dates back to 1263. The town was under the ownership of the monastery in Zlatá Koruna and later became property of the Rožmberks. Between 1437 - 1547 it was a possession of the town Tábor. Then it was bought by the Rožmberks again and at the end of the 17th century it was annexed to the domain of the town Netolice.

Hundreds of years old tradition of fruit-growing has been preserved up till this day and a symbol of this can be found on the town coat-of-arms from 1544.

The St. James' Church in the square is the Gothic building from the 14th century. It was reconstructed in the Baroque style in the 1730's - the nave was lengthened and the presbytery was arched with a barrel vault. The furnishings originate from the 18th century as well.

reserve Blanský les
Buglata hill
Dehtář pond
Kratochvíle chateau
village Vitějovice
town Netolice