The village Zdíkov is situated 7 km north-west of the town Vimperk, 740 m a.s.l. It is one of holiday centres on the border of the Protected Landscape Area Šumava (Bohemian Forest).

The village is first mentioned in 1318, when Zdíkov became property of the convent in Strakonice. A lot of owners changed through time.

There were a lot of archeological discoveries in Zdíkov and the surroundings. The burial mounds, which lie near the small village Putkov, are the most important of them.
Several houses typical of the Šumava mountains can be seen in the village. The Renaissance mansion from the 16th century, which stands in the small square, was reconstructed in the Neo-Gothic style in the 19th century.
The St. Ludmilla's Church was built in the village as late as 1922.