The ruins of the Loužek castle tower on the wooded rock spit above the Malše river about 3 km south of the town Kaplice, 650 m a.s.l.
The castle was founded at the turn of the 14th century. It used to be a guardian castle for the protection of the trade route. It was abandoned in the 16th century and it fell to ruins. In 1451 it was already a ruin. The remains of the tower and of the walls of the palace have been preserved up till the present day.
The ruins can be found on the blue marked trail leading along the Malše river from Kaplice (6 km) or from the small village Rychnov nad Malší (about 4 km) or on the blue and yellow signs at the turning-off from the road Kaplice - Dolní Dvořiště behind the village Skoronice (1 km).