The nature reserve Červené Blato (Red Marshland) is located in the south-western part of the Protected Landscape Area Třeboňsko. It was established in 1953, to protect the peat-bog and its original vegetation. In 1973 the protected area was expanded from original 39 to 331 ha.
The peat was mined here from the end of the 18th century till the turn of the 20th century and it was used as fuel in the glassworks in the village Jiříkov, which lies on the border of the peat-bog. A lot of draining canals were built here at that time. In present they are dammed for keeping water in the peat-bog.
The peat-bog has very well preserved face of tundra with its vegetation from time after the Ice Age. Some rare plants can be found in this area.
The footpath with duckboards runs through the peat-bog. The most interesting places are connected by instructional trail with informative notices.
The nature reserve is accessible along the green marked path from the parking-lot near the village Jiříkovo Údolí (1 km). The village can be found on the road or on the blue marked tourist trail between the towns Nové Hrady and Třeboň.