The small village Neznašov is situated about 3 km west of the town Týn nad Vltavou above the confluence of the Vltava and Lužnice rivers, 426 m a.s.l.
The first mention of the village originates from 1491. After 1541 a fortress was built here, but it has not been preserved. The new Napoleonic mansion was built in the place of the fortress about 1800.
The most interesting sight in Neznašov is the cemetery with small chapels, witch have rustic paintings and which are situated along the cemetery wall. There is the Church of the Most Holy Trinity in the cemetery as well.
The Baroque chapel from the 18th century stands not far from the church above the precipice above the confluence of the Lužnice and Vltava rivers.
The Jewish cemetery lies south-east of the village. It was founded in the 17th century after the expulsion of Jews from Týn nad Vltavou.
Traces of the primeval fort from the Bronze Age can be found on the left bank of the Vltava river opposite of the mouth of the Lužnice river into the Vltava river.
The Kořensko Dam was finished at the beginning of the 1990's on the Vltava river about 1 km far from Neznašov.