The village Koloděje nad Lužnicí is situated about 4 km north of the town Týn nad Vltavou. It lies on the Lužnice river not far from the confluence of the Lužnice and Vltava rivers, 355 m a.s.l.
Only a ferry across the Vltava river is mentioned in this place in the 16th century. The courtyard was founded later and then the Renaissance fortress was built here too. The fortress was rebuilt into a Baroque chateau in about 1740 and the St. Anne's Chapel was added one year later.
The brothers Emil Radok and Alfréd Radok, the director and the creator of the Laterna Magika theatre (Magic Lantern) were born in Koloděje. They have a memorial tablet on their house of birth. The eminent Czech puppeteer Matěj Kopecký lived and died in Koloděje. The monument, which stands near the road to Týn nad Vltavou, commemorates him.
The Jewish cemetery can be found behind the village near the road in the direction of the small town Bernartice. The oldest tombstones originate from the first half of the 18th century.
The finding places of graphite, which were found in the surroundings of the village, are counted among the richest in Europe.