The first electric railway in the former Austro-Hungarian Empire was the line between the towns Tábor and Bechyně, called Křižík's Electric Railway.
The railway, which is 24 km long, was built at the turn of the 20th century and it was electrified by the famous Czech inventor František Křižík.
The first test ride was on 1st June 1903. Electric locomotives were made in the Křižík's factory, the carriages were made by the Ringhoffer's factory (Tatra in present). The train fights with the big drop - the originator showed, that electricity can be used as a driving power of the trains in hard conditions as well.
The railroad has been used for daily transportation up till the present day. The original locomotives and carriages can be seen during the summertime, when the historical rides take place here.