The village Škvořetice lies about 6 km south-east of the town Blatná, 458 m a.s.l.
The village is first mentioned in 1299. There used to be a fortress of the Kalenic family in the 16th century. The Kalenics owned it till 1673. Then, at the beginning of the 18th century, it was annexed to the domain of Blatná.
The fortress was rebuilt into the four-winged Renaissance chateau in the 16th century. It was reconstructed at the beginning of the 20th century in the Neo-Renaissance style.
The Chapel of Our Lady of Sorrow stands in the small square. It was built in the second half of the 19th century.
The large prehistoric burial ground can be found in the locality called Hradiště ("Fort").
The remains of the Buzice fortress are situated about 3 km north-west of Škvořetice.