The village Čachrov lies about 15 km north-east of the town Železná Ruda near the small river Ostružná, 714 m a.s.l.

The first mention of the village is from the 14th century. It reports on the fortress of the Knights of Čachrov, which was founded between 1380 - 1390. The fortress was associated to the property of the Velhartice castle during the Hussite Wars. It has been abandoned since 1540.

The dominant feature of the village is the St. Wenceslas' Church, first mentioned in 1352. The tower in its western frontage was added at the beginning of the 19th century.