The ruins of the Gothic Sokolčí castle lie on the rock spit above the Černá river (Black) and below the Kohout hill (Rooster - 870 m). It is situated about 6 km east of the town Kaplice, about 650 m a.s.l.
The history of the castle dates back to the 14th century. The castle was founded for the protection of the trade route leading to the town Linz (Austria). It has been in ruins since 1541. Only the remains of the tower have been preserved up till the present day. Traces of the palace, walls and moat can be seen around the tower.
The ruins can be found on the red marked trail about 7 km far from Kaplice or on the yellow marked path leading from the small town Benešov nad Černou (8 km). The shortest way is along the red marked path from the Soběnov Dam on the Černá river (1 km).
The instructional trail Údolím Černé ("Through the valley of the Černá river")passes the castle.