The small village Leskovice lies near the road between the towns of Tábor and Pelhřimov about 5 km east of the castle village Kámen and 10 km west of Pelhřimov, 640 m a.s.l.
At the end of the Second World War there was a gunfight between inhabitants and retreating German detachments. On 5th and 6th May 1945 the Germans burnt down the village and killed some inhabitants. After the war the village was renewed.
The monument near the railway station commemorates this event and its 25 victims. The sculptor J. Lukešová made it in 1961.