The village Strunkovice is situated about 10 km north-east of the town Prachatice on the right bank of the Blanice river, 458 m a.s.l.
The village is first mentioned in 1227 and it used to be property of the St. George's Monastery in the Prague Castle. The small feudal residence was founded here at the end of the 13th century.
The valuable Early-Gothic St. Dominic's Church originates from the second half of the 13th century. Its present appearance is from the reconstructions in the 18th century.
The village is a place of birth of the writer Bohumil Havlasa. The memorial plaque can be seen on his house of birth.