The small village is situated about 5 km east of the town Vimperk, 763 m a.s.l.

The village is first mentioned in the middle of the 14th century. One part of the hamlet was under the ownership of the castle town Vimperk, the other was property of the village Lčovice from the 16th century. In the 17th century all the village became property of Vimperk.

The most valuable building is the originally Gothic Church of Sts. Philip and James. It was reconstructed into the Baroque style in 1748 by F. Fortini.
An interesting sight is the house No. 25 from 1846. The original hostelry was built by the important South Bohemian folk builder Jakub Bursa.