The originally parish Church of St. Nicholas was founded together with the town in the 13th century in the surroundings of the Square of King Premysl Ottakar II. It was first rebuilt in the first half of the 16th century. The cathedral burnt down during the fire of the town in 1641. It was restored then and in the 17th century the portal was reconstructed. The Baroque Chapel of Mortal Fears of Our Lord was added to the church in the first half of the 18th century.
The valuable furnishings are mostly from the 17th and 18th centuries.