Kostelní Vydří is a small village about 3.5 km north of the town Dačice.
The village is first mentioned in 1310. The oldest sight is the originally Gothic Church of the Visitation of the Virgin Mary from 14th - 15th centuries. The single-aisled church was reconstructed at the turn of the 18th century and the tower was added in 1701.
The Renaissance fortress was built in the 16th century and later it was rebuilt into the granary. The small Baroque chateau was founded near in the 17th century.
The convent of White Friars with the pilgrimage Church of Our Lady of Carmel stands on the hill above the village and dominates the surroundings. The valuable Baroque church was built in the place of original chapel from 1709. The chapel was enlarged between 1787 - 1789; a new aisle was added and the chapel became a presbytery. The convent was founded there in 1764. The church stands in the courtyard of the precinct enclosed by walls with cloister and by the building of the convent.