The former settlement Hůrka, formerly also called Česká Huť, used to lie about 10 km north-east of the town Železná Ruda above Jezerní Potok (Lake Stream), about 990 m a.s.l.
Originally there were glassworks founded in the first half of the 18th century by Jan Jiří Hafenbrädl. Later he divided his holdings among other glassmakers. The new glassworks were founded in the vicinity and a water canal was built (from the Laka lake to the glassworks). In 1801 all parts and glassworks where bought by Jiří Kryštof Abel, who built the new glassworks for production plate-glass.
The Church of St. Vincent de Paul from 1788 originally stood in the settlement. Jiří Kryštof Abel built the family Chapel of the Holy Cross with a crypt next to the church. In the crypt there were buried family members in glass coffins (in 1920 there were 23 coffins).
After the Second World War the German inhabitants were displaced and the settlement became abandoned. Only the ruins of the chapel have been preserved up to this day.
Access to the chapel is possible along the blue marked trail from the settlement Nová Hůrka (about 2 km).