The remains of the Božejovice fortress stand above Tvrzský Rybník ("Fortress Pond") in the neighbourhood of the small village Skála about 5 km north-west of the town Protivín.
The fortress was a property of Jaroš of Drahenice at the beginning of the 15th century. In 1433 it was captured by Oldřich of Rožmberk. Then it was left (under the ownership of the last owner Mikuláš Radkovec). In 1741 it was mentioned abandoned.
A residential building was built into the fortress later.
The informative board of the instructive trail Okolo Blanice ("Along the Blanice River") stands near the fortress.