The small town Nový Rychnov is situated about 10 km south-east of the town Pelhřimov on the small river called Rohozná, 596 m a.s.l.
The Renaissance chateau founded between 1546 - 1561 can be seen in the town. It was reconstructed later in the Baroque and Classicism styles.
The originally Gothic Church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary, which originates from 1363, was rebuilt into the Baroque style at the beginning of the 18th century. In its interior there is a valuable font from 1583.