The Gothic Church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary originates from about 1370. Between 1489 - 1506 the chapel was added to the northern aisle. It is arched with the circular ribbed vault with the figural bosses. After fire in 1801 the church was rebuilt by J. Schaffer and the tower and the dome were added.
Three aisles of the church with the presbytery are arched with the cross ribbed vault, the Late-Gothic organ-loft has the lierne vault.

The meridian of 15° east longitude runs through the church and it is marked on the pavement behind the church.